Thursday, May 23, 2013

Message from Wendy Greuel


I can't think of a better group of people to have fought together with on this campaign.

We got in this race -- not because it was going to be easy -- but because we love Los Angeles and we care deeply about the future direction of this city.

Whether you made calls, knocked on doors, gave money, or simply told your neighbors about our campaign, you should celebrate the fact that you created something far more important and longer lasting than a single campaign for a single election.

You should celebrate, because you drew attention to our failing public schools, and helped put innovative plans to fix them on the table.

And you showed the daughters, sisters, wives and mothers of Los Angeles that one day, we will have a woman as Mayor.

I may not have been able to break through the glass ceiling last night, but you sure helped me put a crack in it, and because of your work, the next woman candidate in my shoes will crash right through it.

This is the city where I was born and raised, where I went to school, where I built my career, and now my wonderful family. And throughout my life as an Angeleno, I've always believed in the power of bringing people together to get things done.

So, I'm not going anywhere. Now we must look to the future, because as President Bill Clinton noted, "Los Angeles is a great city with equally great challenges."

I am determined to continue fighting for all Angelenos, to cut waste and increase efficiency, and above all, to keep our streets and neighborhoods safe.

And I hope you will join me in doing all that you can to support our new mayor, Eric Garcetti, to be a part of the solution to these very challenges.

Congratulations to Mayor-Elect Eric Garcetti and his campaign. I sincerely wish him the very best, both on a personal level, and because his success is critical to the success of the greatest city in the world.

This election is over, but we still have a lot of work to do to lead Los Angeles forward -- and I can't wait to see what we do next.

Thank you so much,

Wendy [Greuel]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return To Homepage