Friday, April 19, 2013
4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Pasadena Hilton Hotel
168 S Los Robles Ave, Pasadena, CA, 91101
Lisa Mizrahi Kaado
Vice President for Education and Training, NWPC
Getting Your Voice Heard: How to Lobby Your Elected Officials
Be an effective advocate for your cause. Elected officials are public servants sworn to serve the public good. In order to do this, they need to hear from...well, the public. Learn how to establish a productive dialogue with your legislators. Raise awareness, help shape legislation, and hold their feet to the fire.
- What does it mean and how do you do it?
- Who do you contact and how do you find them?
- Crafting your message: what, how, and when to say it
- LTE campaigns
- ERA packet: Sample scripts and letters, sample press releases
Stepping up to Leadership
Join the women of NWPC on the front line in the fight for women's rights. The hard-won victories of the past are facing serious threats and the advancement of women's rights is anything but assured. Be part of the force that refuses to lose ground on the issues that affect our very lives. Learn how to organize and lead women in your community to effectuate real and lasting social change.
- Who we are and what we do
- Structure and organization
- How to get involved: starting a local chapter or joining the board
- Recruitment and membership
- Sample programs and flyers
Registration fee $10
Free for NWPC members
Register today email email@example.com or phone 202-785-1100